Congratulations on starting your new business. We have a feeling you are excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. Believe us, we know the feeling. So, in order to help succeed, we have come up with a list of 7 steps to help you with the accounting side of the business.
- Open a separate bank account for your business income.
- Keep a written record of your expenses and keep track of your receipts.
- Determine which bookkeeping method you will use.
- Choose a payroll system
- Decide which system you will use for customers to pay you.
- Find out what you will owe in taxes and when to pay them.
- Constantly re-evaluate what systems you are using.
Your accountant/tax adviser should be able to help you with any of the above items. Just because you started your own small business, doesn’t mean you have to go at this alone. Lean on the experts for help. Outsource the things you are not an expert at, so you can focus on what you are.
Feel free to contact us anytime for help with your list…