Aren’t you so glad tax-return season is OVER?! We know we are. Now that it is behind us, it is a good idea to start planning for the rest of 2018. We have come up with a few tips to help you get prepared…
- Review your tax-return that was just filed. It will give you insight about what happened last year and what will be good to review with your accountant for this year.
- Get organized. Now is the perfect time to create and utilize systems to keep track of your receipts and statements for the coming year.
- Read up on the tax reform that was passed. The question is not whether the changes will affect your business, it’s how much.
- Form a plan on what you will do with your refund or how to may the estimated taxes for the year.
- Schedule an appointment with your accountant. Your situation might look a lot different for 2018 than it did for 2017, so you need to be prepared.